Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

Local History - Humboldt

Here you will find library and internet resources for research on topics and issues in Humboldt County History

Library Hours

During Fall 2020, in-person access to the CR library is available by arrangement only.

THANKSGIVING HOURS: The Reference Desk will be CLOSED between 11/22 and 11/29 for the Thanksgiving Holiday.  The Circulation Desk will be open Monday and Tuesday, 11/23-24; CLOSED the rest of the week.

Librarians are available by phone, chat, or email between 12:00 - 8:00 Monday - Thursday and 10:00 - 1:00 Saturdays. 
Call 707-476-4260, or use the "Chat with a Librarian" icon on most library webpages.

You can also submit research questions using our Ask-a-Librarian email service:
On any library page with a "chat" icon, if chat is not available the icon will automatically transfer you to a form to submit your questions. You should receive a response within 48 hours in most cases.

Do you have questions about checkouts, reserve materials, or your library account?
Call the Circulation Desk at 707-476-4260 to speak with library staff between 8:00 - 5:00 Monday-Thursday, or 8:00 - 4:00 Fridays, or email us at

Physical books and other library materials may be available for checkout during Fall 2020 by arrangement during specified hours.  Please contact the Circulation Desk to arrange for pickup, or to ask about options if you are not able to come to the Eureka campus.

Library books and DVDs may be returned in the book drop to the right of the front doors at any time.  Equipment checked out from the library must be returned in person; contact the Circulation Desk to make arrangements.

Other Guides

Some other guides that might be helpful:

Other support services

From Other Libraries

Any Humboldt County resident can get a free public library card.

CR students can borrow HSU books for free. You must first obtain a CR I.D. card, available from Student Services. 

Any Del Norte County resident can get a free public library card.