Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

Career Exploration

Resources online and in the library for career exploration, planning, goal setting, accomplishment

Introduction to Library Materials

Library Materials

Many useful resources are available in the College of the Redwoods Library, including books, reference books, Ebooks, and videos. Additional resources may be available at the Del Norte or Humboldt County Libraries and Humboldt State University Library. Visit those libraries' websites to search their catalogs. Use OneSearch to find books and other resources about your topic in the CR library and selected, college-level resources on the web.

One Search Logo

Have you used OneSearch this semester? 
We'd like your opinion (it only takes 2 minutes!)


Note: Even though we are closed for most in-person use during Spring 2021, print books can still be checked out by calling the library at 707-476-4260 to request the book(s) you want.  Requested items can either be picked up in person by arrangement or they can be mailed to your house. 

College of the Redwoods Library Books

To read an Ebook, click on the link. You may be prompted to log in with your WebAdvisor ID and eight digit birth date. Print, or physical items will be found on the library shelves by their call numbers. Books in the Oversize collection are just bigger than most and so they are shelved on bigger shelves. Reference books may not be borrowed. Look at the labels on the shelves to find out where these items are shelved. Ask for help anytime.

From Other Libraries

The CR Library isn't your only option for locating books.  Both Humboldt and Del Norte Counties have public libraries that are open to any resident in their county. You will need to show proper identification to get a FREE library card; no I.D. is necessary to use materials in the library.  In addition, CR students can borrow books from Humboldt State University's library. (You will need to show a CR Student ID card, which you can obtain from Student Services.)