Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Covid-19, the "novel coronavirus" first identified in Wuhan, China in December 2019, is spreading rapidly worldwide. This guide contains a curated list of information and resources to help understand what is going on worldwide and locally. It is a work in progress, and we will be adding to it as more information becomes available.
- Prevention/Mitigation includes tips on prevention the spread of the disease or mitigating its spread, as well as symptoms and what to do if you suspect you have been exposed.
- By Region includes resources about Covid-19 worldwide, in the US, in California, and locally (Humboldt, Trinity, and Del Norte counties).
- Other Resources includes sources of reliable, high-quality facts and information on this topic, including publicly available research databases.
- What Do I Do If. . . includes links to information on what to do if you may have been exposed to COVID-19, or if you or someone you know may have COVID-19.
- Teaching Tools includes links useful for faculty and those working in education.
Please note that because this virus is brand new, there is very little in the way of "scholarly research" specifically about it. If you are a student trying to locate sources for research papers, you should pay attention to the "Additional Research Resources" tab in this guide.
For specific information about what College of the Redwoods is doing with regard to this outbreak, please check the college's Fall 2020 Coronavirus page.
Coronavirus Outbreak Explained (CDC)
Exponential Growth and Epidemics
FAQs and Fast Facts
What we know about the Coronavirus or COVID-19 is changing and evolving daily. The resources linked below will provide regularly updated information to help you understand various aspects of the disease.
COVID-19 in the News: General (updates daily)